Monday 21 November 2016

Our cross stitch surprise box by Jenjen's cross stitch goodies and craft goodies

Hello everyone,

For a long while I had been wondering if there was such a thing as a surprise box for cross stitch fans. I see my friends at work getting their lootcrates and other boxes and wondered if I could order a cross stitch surprise for myself.

It just so happened that la few months ago I stumbled upon the Facebook group Jenjen's cross stitch goodies and craft goodies

Heres a link to the group: Link

This is a wonderful idea and just what I was looking for. All you need to do is join the Facebook group and keep an eye out for the announcements of this months theme. Every month has a different theme so there is something for everyone. Don't worry about missing the announcement it will be posted with a big pretty picture so it will stand out on your Facebook feed. Then, if you are interested in the theme you can buy this months subscription box (more about ordering later) and wait for your gift box to arrive at the end of the month.
One feature I really love is that this is not a subscription box. You only buy the themes you are interested in. So you only get items you'll love and can skip months where you perhaps already have a few items in your stash on this theme.

Last month the theme was Halloween (naturally since its the hot topic of October) so I ordered one surprise box for me and one for my lovely niece Chloe since childrens boxes were also on offer that month. I'm going to say now that I did receive my parcel a few weeks ago but since the page also posts to cross stitch fans in the US I left posting this review until they would have received their parcels so I didn't accidentally spoil the surprise for them, because hey, who likes spoilers?

So without further ado lets take a peek at what came in the package

The adult package


This is all of the items which arrived in the grown up parcel. The wooden keychain did not come pre-embroidered by the way. Chloe and I got so excited that we started sewing on them before I had taken pictures!
I got a lovely cross stitch design called Worried pumpkin by Cariad Cross Stitch designs. The design itself was very clear black and white symbols with a clear grid and a nicely marked center point. (which is vital for those of us who like to start in the middle of a design)

Another highlight of the pack was the hand died piece of Aida, since it was Halloween themed this dye gave the impression of smoke from a witches cauldron or a dark and murky night where monsters play. Since each piece of Aida is unique in its colouring I'm going to save it for a special spooky project.
I'm thinking of using my Haunted House design here Halloween Haunted house silhouette cross stitch design 

I also got a few cross stitch essentials such as bobbins for your thread, a super cute needle minder in the shape of a pumpkin, a spare needle, spare threads (because who has enough of those) a pen for marking designs and some double sided tape.
If that wasn't enough there are also some super cute charms (shown in the right of the picture) and a raffle ticket. For the raffle ticket just keep an eye out for which number is picked on the Facebook page and one lucky winner gets an extra surprise!

The Children's Package


For this pack I'll leave it up to My lovely Niece Chloe to explain whats inside, please bear in mind again that the wooden shape for cross stitching did not come pre-stitched, we just stitched it before remembering to take a photo.

Chloes corner

Hello everyone,
It was a really nice treat when I got my surprise cross stitch parcel from Jenjen's cross stitch goodies and craft goodies. My favourite thing is the wooden shape which has holes in for people to cross stitch. I sewed a little white bone on it since it was Halloween and I thought it would look good with my Halloween outfit.

I also got a piece of dyed aida, its the same colour as Gemmas package but in a bigger size (11 count) so its easier for me to sew. I have already started to sew the Pumpkin cross stitch design on it. I love the pumpkin cross stitch design, its a little spooky but not too scary so I won't frighten my Mum with it. :)

Finally I got some cool things to help me build up my collection.
The Hoop will be very useful, and the threads with some bobbins to store them on. The pink Pumpkin in the picture is a needle minder. I had not used one before, It has a magnet to hold your needle if you need to stop stitching and do chores which happens very often for me! There are also some Halloween charms which are awesome, I put the keyring on my bag and my friends are a little jealous.

Bye bye for now
Chloe

Ordering

Ordering was really easy, from the Facebook group just send Jenna message to let her know which one you would like.
Jenna then sends you a Paypal invoice to your email to pay for your package. Don't worry if you have never use a Paypal invoice before they are very easy. Just open up the email, check the details are correct and follow the instructions, the Paypal website walks you through the entire process. Though I must admit it is even easier if you already have a Paypal account set up already.
Then you wait for the advertised posting date and as soon as the postman can get it to you you will have a lovely cross stitching gift to yourself.

Jenna is also super helpful if you have any questions about the items in your box. In the adults box I was actually unsure what the tape was having never used it despite how many cards I make (I won't blame you if you'd like to take away my cross stitching credentials now) However I sent a quick message to Jenna and she saved the day by explaining what it was and what its used for!
I think I'll be giving it a try when I need to finish my next Christmas cards.

Ordering the kids box

I'd like to make a special note about ordering the kids box. Jenna asked for Chloes age and I gave a brief overview of her sewing skill at the moment. Jenna was so lovely by giving me a little preview of the cross stitch design for Chloe's package so I could check that it wouldn't be too difficult for her to sew. That is just such a nice thing so I was sure that she wouldn't be given something beyond her skill at the moment and when I saw it I just knew she would love it. I was so right she has been sewing it for an hour this evening, she sticks her tongue out as she stitches its adorable. :)

The Facebook group itself is a lovely group to be a part of. There are regular updates with beautiful needle minders, cross stitch chart offers and much more just in case you feel like treating yourself.
So if you'd like to join in and see what the next surprise box may be follow this link to Jenjen's cross stitch goodies and craft goodies

I hope you all enjoyed my little overview of the surprise package I received. Its just the thing for stitchers who want a nice treat in their mail box.

For more spotlights of artists and products I love here are some links

A preview of Simbrix - Interconnecting bricks for creative sculptures
Fun things to make with Simbrix
Unboxing and review of Cutiepies' Hair bows 
Artist Spotlight: Maz's Boutique
Artist Spotlight: Pins and Needles
Artist spotlight: Geeky Clean - Power-up your bath time with geeky themed soaps 
Artist Spotlight: Twinkle Kitty Boutique
Zukiestyle - Beautifully bespoke fashion and pet accessories

If you are still in the Halloween mood here are some links to some Halloween themed cross stitch

Halloween

Simple sweet themed Trick or Treat Bag
I Love my Mummy simple Halloween motif
Pumpkin Alphabet
Jack O' Lantern Coaster designs for Halloween
Cute ghost coming out of a pumpkin
Cute cat in a pumpkin 
Cute ghost giving a gift
Happy Ghost at a gravestone
Halloween Haunted house silhouette cross stitch design 
Pentagram for Altar cloth
Butterfly inspired sugar skull cross stitch design
Witches bookshelf - small bookmark cross stitch design
Sad ghost at a gravestone

For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.